Last Thursday at a cocktail ceremony co-hosted with financial services provider Credit Suisse Group AG at Hilton Kuala Lumpur, EY has announced 17 top nominees for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2019 Malaysia awards.
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the world’s most prestigious business awards programme for entrepreneurs. Being one of the most coveted awards, our phenomenal leader and visionary CEO, See Wai Hun emerged as one of the Top Nominees in the Woman Entrepreneurs category after locking horns with the finest female entrepreneurs in Malaysia.
Philip Rao, Advisory Partner at Ernst & Young Advisory Services Sdn Bhd (EY) and Programme Director of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Malaysia Awards, said the Woman Entrepreneur category also saw a significant increase in the number of nominations this year. While some might argue that nominees should compete on the same level regardless of gender, having such a category compels people to recognise women, he explained. ‘The reaction to that is we had the largest number of nominees for this category [to date]. We want to continue to recognize women.’
The Top Nominees were determined after careful reviews including personal interviews, and an independent judging process. The eminent panel of judges comprised the following:
- Tan Sri Rebecca Sta Maria – Executive Director, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
- Ms Selvarany Rasiah – Chief Commercial Officer, Bursa Malaysia Bhd
- Mr Ganesh Kumar Bangah – Founder & Executive Chairman, Commerce DotAsia Ventures Sdn Bhd and Chairman, The National ICT Association of Malaysia (PIKOM)
- Dato’ Ng Wan Peng – COO, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation
- Mr Adrian Ng – Group CEO, Mega Fortris (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
- Datuk Wan Suraya Wan Mohd Radzi – Secretary General, Ministry of Entrepreneur Development
- Mr Song Hoi-see – Founder & CEO, Plaza Premium Lounge Management Ltd
Winners of each category award as well as the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2019 Malaysia award will be announced and celebrated at the gala event in November 2019. The Malaysian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2019 will then join country award recipients from around the globe in Monte Carlo in June 2020 to compete with the crème de la crème and the movers and shakers of their own industries for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year (WEOY) 2020 award.
We, Jurisians, wish our esteem CEO the very best of luck and may the odds be ever in your favour!