1. General Information
JurisTech protects your personal information by complying with the operative legislation concerning personal data protection in Malaysia, being the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“The Act”), which came into effect on 15th November 2013.
2. The Information We Collect
We do not collect personal information if you are only browsing this website, you remain anonymous when you browse this website. In order to access our services or products, we may request personal information such as your name, address, phone number, email address, and other information that renders you identifiable. We may also collect log data of your interactions with us.
3. How We Collect Data
4. Use of Information
Upon giving us consent, we may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Refer you to product(s), and/ or service(s) that we provide; and/or
- To enable you to access our main website (including any microsites); and/or
- To personalise and improve aspects of our overall service to you and our other users, as well as carrying out research such as analysing market trends and customer demographics; and/or
- To communicate with you, in order to verify the information provided, or to request any additional information that is vital to fulfilling the service/product you are interested in; and/or
- To send you information about events, products and services which may be of interest to you, whether directly from us or from our third-party providers, partners or collaborators.
All provision of personal data is on a voluntary basis.
5. Passing on information about You
JurisTech may disclose and transfer your personal data to third parties, including:
- where required by any regulatory authority of competent jurisdiction;
- to discharge any legal obligation imposed on us by law or pursuant to an order of a court of competent jurisdiction;
- to our auditors, consultants, accountants, or other financial or professional advisers where needed for corporate audits or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat;
- to any of our related, affiliated and/or associated companies, whether within or outside Malaysia;
- to other third-party service providers who provide services on our behalf or when we collaborate with them in respect of particular products or services (“Providers”). Such Providers may provide technological maintenance or work on our behalf to help fulfil business transactions, such as providing online cloud services. Such Providers may also collect information on our behalf on our websites. These Providers are required to comply with the terms of our privacy policies and may not use your personal information other than on our behalf and subject to contracts that protect the confidentiality of the information; and.
6. Retaining Your Information
We will keep any personal information you give us as long as there is a reason to do so, for instance, to satisfy the law or regulations, or to protect our interests. If not, then we will destroy it by purging it from our electronic, manual, and other filing systems according to our internal procedures and schedules.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
7. Keeping You Informed
You agree that we shall be entitled to advise you via email, post, telephone, or by text of products, services and other offers we think may interest you.
Whenever you provide us with personal information, we will give you an opportunity to tell us you do not consent to us using and sharing your information for marketing purposes. Unless you tell us otherwise, you are consenting to such uses.
Any electronic marketing communications we send you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time.
- no longer wish to be contacted by us;
- wish to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal data;
- wish to access or correct your personal data;
- have any further queries; or
- wish to make a complaint in respect of your personal data,
you can advise us at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Third-Party Websites and Data Privacy
9. Website Browsing and Cookies
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on this Website;
- understand the number of visitors to this Website and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to this Website so we can provide you with a better browsing experience.
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire. By using this Service, you consent to us using cookies.
This website uses the following cookie:
The Google Analytics cookie allows us to see information on user website activity including, but not limited to page views, referrals and average time spent on the website. The information is de-personalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it will not be tracked back to individuals, which helps to protect your privacy. Using Google Analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to ensure you have the best user experience possible.
Last updated: 5th August 2021